Sentara MyChart is an online patient portal that facilitates better communication between patients and their healthcare providers. In this busy, on-the-go world, it’s important to have easy access to information that will help people stay as healthy as possible, without tethering them to a phone or a desktop computer. Featuring both a standard web portal and a mobile app, MyChart Sentara – myhealth.sentara.com allows patients to stay closely connected with their health information and their doctor.
We are in no way affiliated with MyChart Sentara, see below for login access.
The Benefits of Using Sentara MyHealth
Whether you’re juggling the kids’ sports games, your work schedule, or other commitments, it can be very easy to lose track of simple things like scheduling a doctor’s appointment or following up on health goals and lab tests. Fortunately, Sentara Myhealth Mychart has you covered. By using either the web portal or the mobile app, patients have access to their care in the following ways:
1. Viewing and requesting of medical records for yourself and your dependents.
2. Scheduling non-emergency appointments with your healthcare provider.
3. Sending messages to your healthcare provider about health concerns you might have. (Note that this is for non-emergency queries only. All emergencies should be addressed in person by a medical professional or by dialing 911.)
4. Engaging in an evisit with your healthcare provider. For minor, non-medical issues such as UTIs, pinkeye, or colds, you can answer a series of questions that, in conjunction with your medical records, will help your provider decide on the best mode of care.
5. You can access your test results, along with the standard values for those results. For example, if you had blood drawn for a Thyroid test, you can see the results, along with the standard values that would deem the results ‘normal’.
6. Health maintenance reminders can be tracked and viewed. You’ll never miss another appointment again!
While the basic medical records can be accessed from any desktop or laptop PC, appointment scheduling, lab results, and viewing of health maintenance reminders can only be done using the app.
Creating a new Sentara MyChart Account
1. You will first need an activation code before you can create an account. You can ask for one from your health provider, or by clicking the ‘Request an Activation Code’ link on the Sentara MyChart login screen. Follow the instructions given on the next couple pages in order to receive your activation code.
2. From the MyChart homepage, click ‘Activate MyChart’.
3. Agree to the terms and conditions, then click ‘Next’.
4. Input your activation code and fill out the required information.
If you also wish to utilize the mobile app, just follow these steps:
1. Navigate to either the App Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android) to download the app to your device.
2. Launch the app, and then select ‘Sentara Healthcare’ from the providers list.
3. User your user ID and password to log into your account.
If at any time you run into technical issues with either the Sentara MyHealth web portal or mobile app, you can always contact Sentara customer service. They may be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org., by phone at 1 (800) SENTARA (736-8272), or by texting ‘HELP’ (without the quotes) to 50771.
Note: We are not affiliated with MyChart Sentara, and you should NOT contact us with any sensitive information that is of a personal nature. We are merely a resource that provides information.